Origin and Cause of developing the “Five Virtues System” in decoding the genes of moral character
1. In 1997, by following the footsteps of my senior, I flew across the globe and set foot on Sao Paulo city of Brazil, in South America.
The unfamiliar culture and language barrier in that society let me with the first impression: the passion and goodwill of the ethnic groups of South America. The second impression, which was unforgettable, was the intense taste of Brazilian pizza and cheese. The third impression was that Brazil being a Catholic society for more than 500 years, she was able to embrace other religious groups, to accept the structure of other ethnic groups and be in good ties with them.
Only after being concretely interacted, I gained a deeper experience of the diversify sentiments of the ethnic groups of South Americans. An in-depth awareness of the real situation and true sentiments of people on a different social level was comprehended.
To communicate because of unfamiliarity.
To interact because of familiarity.
To cherish because of wondrous affinity.
In more than 20 years, I’ve strived forth to my ambition by holding firm to the concept of Confucianism: “Gather talents from all over the world to be educated, to realize the harmony of the world.”
2. In Brazil, I was brought to numerous big and small cities, towns in the suburb, and those backward and remote countryside by philanthropists, friends and my working partners from all walks of life. I got to be acquainted with those of like-minded and with similar visions like the social workers, charitable organizations and people in the educational sector, from primary schools to universities.
(In the present: Brazil has a total of 26 provinces and 5570 towns).
The preferences of South America ethnic groups are in having freedom and peace, and of being passionate and not be restrained. These tendencies naturally formed a kind of emotional inclined living style. Hence, they act according to their nature in the expression of feelings and emotions when faced with pressures in life.
Thus, common social psychology prevails. Apparently, they tend to be anxious, emotional repressing, in depression and lose their control of emotion easily. As a result, they have to seek help from all kinds of psychological counseling and spiritual healing.
3. Having been through 20 over years of long period of learning and exploring into topics regarding individual, family, society, education, religion, culture, people’s sentiments, history and the various issues in the future world; and to be acquainted with “the four classes” i.e. scholars, farmers, artisans, and merchants, and also the poor and rich, of different societal level, anything related to “People” is being explored intrinsically. Experiences whether wide and exquisitely deep are gained.
4. As success comes naturally, a group of Brazilian friends and I formed a team of aspirants to register and set up Ad Lumen, a website learning centre, where we developed the courses of the “Five Virtues System” beyond their routine working hours and during spare time. This learning centre meant to assist in the nurture of ethics and moral character of people, to stay connected with the society, and ultimately to stride onto a longer course of our vision.
5. The essence of human nature is endowed with the beauty of kindness in conscience. However, due to the influences of restraint from the worldly energy and hindrance by one’s material desires, one’s pristine nature is lost.
The nature of the five moral principles, namely benevolence, righteousness, propriety, wisdom, and trustworthiness, relies on education to be enlightened and motivated. Only then can one comprehend the essence of his innate nature and hence restore it to brightness.
The original significance of humanities propagates by Confucianism is an educational criterion that is universally applicable. It can be sum up as the leading conviction in the development of civilization in a new era.
Wisdom, Benevolence, Courage
Wisdom: The enlightening of conscience in accord to the wise and far-sightedness of Heaven’s principles
To be fond of learning does not equate having wisdom, but learning gives comprehension. Hence, continual fondness in learning sees to the acquirement of knowledge.
Benevolence: The entity of conscience in accord to the substance of Heaven’s will
To practice with effort does not equate having benevolence, but practice empowers one’s ambition. Hence, relentless practice with effort sees the forming of benevolence.
Courage: The vast qi of conscience in accord to the composed Heaven’s virtue
To have the sense of shame does not equate having courage, but the sense of shame urges improvement. Hence, by not being discouraged with the sense of shame sees the building of courage.
RU MING was established in 2015, specializes primarily in the education of “Genetics of Moral Character “，and courses to inspire “Innate Potential” and “Complement by formal education”.
It has invented a scientific and easily to be learned self-educational system that helps individuals on self-awareness, on the discovery of “Hidden potential” and “Quality of Moral Character”.
It is a useful and applicable principle to improve, enhance and elevate “Family Ties” and “Workplace Ecology”.
Ru Ming Pte Ltd:
- Based on the spirit of Wisdom, Benevolence, and Courage.
- Completion of the era's value of life and the vision of mission.
- Offer a range of self-education system of Confucianism for the busy lifestyle of modern society.
- With simple materials of words and pictures, and through the internet, able to conduct self-learning and share with people under their own time and environment.
- Promote teaching and learning in a self-helping and family manner.
- With individual cultivation and social morality as the pre-requisite, to sublimate character and interpersonal relationship, and promote harmony and civilization in society.
- Our vision is on Self-education, Self-awareness, Moral character, Five virtues, Family, Team and Human relationship.